MVR DEGREE COLLEGE
(UG & PG COURSES)
An Institute Of Priyadarshini Educational Academy
Affiliated To Andhra University
MVR Degree college , Shramikanagar , Chinagantyada, Gajuwaka, Visakhapatnam affiliated to Andhra University, Visakhapatnam is accredited as B with CGPA of 2.92 on four point scale by NAAC, Bangalore on 2nd Feb.2008.
In pursuance of the instructions given by NAAC Bangalore, Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) has been established in college as a first step towards internalization and institutionalization of quality enhancement.. IQAC takes appropriate measures to channelize the efforts of the college to address the issues raised in the earlier cycle to achieve academic excellence. The specific focus of the IQAC is to imbibe feedback from stakeholders for taking corrective measures to ensure quality sustenance and enhancement in the college
Since 1991 the college has been striving hard to make vision of the institution into reality by providing need based education. The miles of its journey starting from rented building to the present position of college with 1.06 lac.Sft RCC buildings in about 5.0 acres of own land. The college accredited by NAAC and celebrated decennial and silver jubilee celebrations and heading for the completion of three decades. Many students settled all over the globe and bringing laurels to the college as good citizens. The college is well known for instituting up-dated student centric and research centered methods of content delivery. Continuous integration of academic and industry is taken care to produce market oriented graduates. In support of this the college Internal Quality Assurance cell will be the catalyst for accelerating growth in the years to come. The active involvement of stakeholders is highly appreciable and sought for up-keeping and promoting quality in the progress of the college.
Vision of IQAC
- To promote and sustain quality continuously.
Strategies of IQAC
- Sustainable excellence.
- To develop mechanisms to get quality.
- Optimum utilization of resources.
- It is responsible for all quality matters Initiate, plan supervise various activities that increase the quality.
- Quality improve measures seminars, workshops, symposiums , conferences, panel discussions, role playing exercises , demonstrating case studies, academic meetings.
Functions of IQAC
- Prepare annual plan.
- Encouraging the staff to use ICT methods.
- Dissemination of information to various departments of the college.
- Adopt and implement best practices.
- Organize workshops, orientation programs, seminars.
- Collection and documentation of college data.
- Prepare AQARS for submission to NAAC.
- Submitted SSR for Second Cycle
- Calendar preparation
- Mentor-Mentee system
- Planning for Examinations
- Induction meetings
- FDPS - Faculty development programs
- Staff meetings
- Research publications
- Preparation of AQRS
- Organising staff get together
- Observation of national days
- Fixing the bench marks
- Recommending for ICT Classrooms
- Appreciating faculty
- Conduction of Bridge courses
- Conduction of Workshops
- Conduction of Tours
- Appreciating Toppers
- Formation of Committees
- Conduction of NAAC meetings
- Introduction of Add on courses
- Submission of data for AISHE & NIRF
- Remedial classes
- Strengthening infrastructure
- MOU’s with other institutions
- Recruitment of Staff
- Result analysis
- Annual reports
- Student feedback
- Preparation for Annual inspection visit by CDC
- Training classes APSSDC & APITA
- Conduction of Annual Day