MVR DEGREE COLLEGE
(UG & PG COURSES)
An Institute Of Priyadarshini Educational Academy
Affiliated To Andhra University
DEPARTMENT OF ZOOLOGY
HISTORY OF DEPARTMENT
The department was established in the year 1991. Initially the department was started with B.Sc (CBZ) combination and later two more combinations are added namely ZBCHG(ZOOLOGY,BIOCHEMISTRY,HUMANGENETICS) and CZF (CHEMISTRY,ZOOLOGY,FISHERIES). At present the department is having only one combination i.e., CBZ. Many of our students have pursued higher education and are in good positions.
- To develop well integrated individual.
- To conserve biodiversity.
- To provide quality education which equips students with knowledge, insight, and expertise required to contribute to society as educators, scientists and administrators.
- To make the students aware of different phyla, genera and species of the animal kingdom.
- To make the students confident in the subject.
- To understand the ecological balance by studying the wild life.
- To make the students to apply the learned knowledge from the Clinical Science and Animal Kingdom to have better health for better living and also to get opportunities in Bio- Medical field.
- To develop creativity, self – confidence in the students by making them to prepare models, projects & seminars.
- To prepare them as good citizens of future India by giving value based education.
- To guide the students to appear for various competitive examinations such that they can settle in a good job.
- Dr .M.Sony Head Of The Department
- Smt. B. Gayatri Lecturer