MVR DEGREE COLLEGE
(UG & PG COURSES)
An Institute Of Priyadarshini Educational Academy
Affiliated To Andhra University
DEPARTMENT OF BIOCHEMISTRY
HISTORY OF THE DEPARTMENT
M.V.R Degree college introduced the much need-based career oriented course in the year 1991 under the supervision of Dr. A. Bala Krishna. There after we extended our wings and started different combinations in life sciences based on career orientation of students.
B.sc Biochemistry is a bachelor level degree course. Duration of this course is 3 years and syllabus is divided in to 6 semesters. The department has different combination with MB BC BT,HG BC BT,C BC BT,B BC HG. The department has been headed by the first faculty J.Anitha in the year 1993 and continued by the eminent faculty members K.Lakshmi koteswari, P.Aparanji, D.Sanjeeva rao. Present Smt.G.V.Soumya is heading the department.
- To make excellent quality of the defining element of biochemistry through constant effort and creating confident motivation among students.
- To build a multidisciplinary learning environment by promoting quality teaching that help students to enhance problem solving skills.
- To provide exposure to students to the latest tools and technologies.
- To provide project activities in the emerging area by offering solid theoretical and practical foundation.
- To develop the man resource with sound knowledge in the discipline of biochemistry and the ability to apply knowledge to the benefit of society at large.
- To enable the students to understand basic facts and concepts as to develop interest in the study of BC as discipline.
- To acquire knowledge on terms, facts, concepts and techniques by use of laboratory skills and apparatus to obtain reproducible data from biochemical experiments.
- To make students familiar in various emerging areas in biochemistry and their applications in various aspects of life sciences and appraise the students of its relevance in future.
- Build on their knowledge and understanding in tackling more advanced course and more widely to pursue independent, self-directed learning.
- Smt G.V.Sowmya