MVR DEGREE COLLEGE
(UG & PG COURSES)
An Institute Of Priyadarshini Educational Academy
Affiliated To Andhra University
DEPARTMENT OF TELUGU
HISTORY OF THE DEPARTMENT
The department was established in the year 1991. The university has kept telugu in part-I as second language .Our department had the strength of 38 students in the 1991 and at present it has 400 students with two lecturers. Many of our students developed the habit of writing articles for different magazines. Along with the literature the students are also encouraged to participate in programmes like music & dance , painting etc. which reflect the culture of our society.
To make each and every one to get aware of their mother tongue as it is sweet and is one of the best and oldest languages of the world.
- To make the students to have an inclination towards the language.
- To make them aware of the literature ,pioneers who worked for it.
- To get knowledge in grammar so that they can use the language systematically.
- To teach them about the different works of the authors, thereby making them to learn the different past and present situations in the society.
- To impart value based education through their lessons.
- To guide the students to prepare for competitive examinations.
- To create interest in the language so that the students can develop a hobby of free lance journalism , writing poems , stories ,novels , articles and dramas.
- SMT. D.KANAKA VALLI.
- SRI. B.GOWRI SHANKARA RAO.